In 1932 Robert Saxton decided to start his own small sign business. He called it Saxton Sign Company. He practiced the art of hand painting signs such as paper signs for markets and retail stores. He also lettered show cards, plywood signs, and many trucks as well. His sons Richard and David helped Robert in the shop as they grew and eventually took over the shop from their Dad.
In 1985, Michael Kellogg partnered with Richard and David Saxton to purchase an existing sign company in Albany, NY called Judge Sign Corp. They then opened Saxton Sign Corp. as a second location on Route 9 & 20, not far from the present location.
From that point forward, Saxton Sign Corp. began acquiring various sign companies in the Albany, NY area as they became available, which continued to build its customer base and improve its brand in the Northeast. Saxton Sign Corp. has manufactured and installed many thousands of signs and continues to this day as one of the largest sign companies in the Northeast.
We are proud of our history of service in the industry for 82 years! We are also proud to announce that Saxton Sign continues to grow and we have recently opened a second office in Syracuse, NY!
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE FOLLOWING
SAXTON SIGN corp. HAS ACQUIRED THE FOLLOWING SIGN COMPANIES:
- 1985 Judge Sign Corp
- 1990 Boni Sign Company
- 1991 Interstate Signs
- 2003 Troy Neon Sign Company
- 2013 Hanley Sign Company